Opdea Inc., is a 501(c)3, non-profit, a youth development organization in Southern Prince George’s County is requesting your support and donation for our 2017 Fundraiser Drive.
Opdea Inc., dba, Opdea Soccer Club, focus on athletic and academic achievement among the youth. We struggle annually to make ends meet so we can provide services to youth who often get overlooked by existing businesses or service providers in our community.
Since 2014, Opdea has grown in membership from 50 youth to over 500 members that have matriculated through our program. Opdea is a grassroots soccer program, serving the novice or youth new to team sports, typically ages 4 – 14. The Opdea Soccer Club aims to teach the rules, skills and sportsmanship of soccer, without focusing on winning or losing and providing a positive enrichment activity for all.
Opdea is operated 100% by volunteers and through donations from local businesses, organizations, and youth registration membership fees.
Funds raised will be used for our largest recurring expenditures or items:
· Field maintenance – cutting the soccer fields weekly and paint to mark the field;
· Sports equiptment – soccer balls, goals and nets, cones;
· Portable benches to prevent players from suffering ticks and other insect bites sitting on the ground, as well as portable toilets;
· Pop up tents to shield players from excessive sun and heat,
· Fee waivers for at-risk youth, foster kids and/or families experiencing financial hardship, and
· Purchase surplus books provided to players to encourage reading.
Steven Perry, President/Director of Programs
Opdea Soccer Club (OSC)
National Center for Safety Initatives (NCSI) Background Check (2017)
US Soccer Coaching License: Grade F (2016), Grade E (2017)
PGCBGC ASEP Soccer Certification: 2016-2017
US Soccer Federation Referee: Grade 9 (2016), Grade 8 (2017)
Capital Area Soccer Referee Association (2016 - present)
Coach, Clinton Jets (2007 - present)
Opdea, Inc.-- "Creating opportunities and ideas leading to success for the youth and young adults."
"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." Romans 12:6-8